Types Of Private Jets

Private jets are symbols of wealth and luxuriance, and this has a lot to do with their appeal. For those who want to truly arrive in style, one of these jets is a great travel option. If you are in the market for a private jet, or if you are simply looking to rent or charter one, you might find this article to be helpful.

Source Material

To determine the most popular types of private jet aircraft, we looked at a recent survey conducted by Business Jet Traveler magazine. In one section of their most recent annual survey, the readers of their magazine rated their owned aircraft based on a variety of factors, including:

  • Reliability
  • Value
  • Amenities
  • Maintenance
  • Manufacturer Support

Pilatus PC-12

This model has proven to be extremely popular in recent years. In fact, it received the highest overall satisfaction score on the BJT survey. 65% of respondents rated this aircraft “excellent,” while another 29% rated it “very good.” In total, that means approximately 94% of those who own this aircraft are happy with its performance. 

The Pilatus PC-12 is a single-engine turboprop, which is something of a rarity, but they seem to have done unconventional design work nicely. It features many little amenities like custom decoration, an accessible baggage compartment, and a working toilet. However, based on the results of the BJT survey, we can see that this aircraft’s most popular feature is its overall reliability.

Embraer E-175

This is a Brazilian-made jet that has gained a reputation for reliability, nearly equaling that of the PC-12. In fact, its’ reliability score is only two points lower than the Pilatus. There are several models of private jets made by Embraer, but the E-175 is the best option for most private jet owners. It is a little bit larger than most private jets, as it is meant to seat a larger number of people. This kind of thing wouldn’t be necessary for trips involving only 1-10 passengers, but for larger parties, this one seems to be a great choice.

Gulfstream G800

There are numerous models of Gulfstream private jets, and you really can’t go wrong with these. That being said, the G800 has emerged as the top-tier choice among private jet enthusiasts. This model is pretty new to the market, but it has already gained a high level of popularity. In fact, they are such dependable machines that they managed to get a higher reliability rating than the Pilatus, if only by a single point. 

However, we should also mention that the Gulfstream jets scored significantly lower in the area of maintenance costs. Thus, it will cost a little bit more to maintain these jets, but most owners apparently find those costs to be worthwhile. Besides, that cool swept-wing design is just too cool to resist.

Cessna Citation

Cessna is another company that has established itself as a high-end manufacturer of the finest private jets. As far as survey ratings are concerned, this one got good solid scores in every category except maintenance costs. We can see that this is another model that costs a little bit more to maintain. These are fairly small aircraft that offer a large number of variations, but most of the differences are minor ones. You should be aware that these jets are intended for 1-4 passengers, so don’t expect to transport large numbers of people with one of these. Still, if you want a small jet that does the job with no problem, the Cessna is one of the better choices.

Finding Charter Jet Services

If you are not able to afford a private jet, you can still enjoy the benefits thereof. There are many businesses across the country that can charter a private jet for you, and they usually don’t charge a particularly high fee. In fact, chartered flights can sometimes be cheaper than commercial ones. If you need a private jet charter in Boston offers several good options from which to choose.


Although this article is far too short to cover all the common models of jets, we hope that we have given you a good idea of how these things work. No matter your purpose, we would advise you to do plenty of homework before chartering or buying a private jet. These are not small purchases, and it always pays to make sure you don’t waste your money on substandard goods or services.

Leave a Comment