Is better discord not working for you? Or better discord stuck on loading? If you are facing any of these issues, then I am here to help you out.
As you already know, Better discord is an essential tool that comes in handy when it comes to changing Discord background.
With this one, you will be able to perform different customizations on Discord, install custom plugins and themes. So you can have a better discord experience.
But what if better discord stops working? Well, then you have to simply say bye to all the customizations and other features.
However, the good part is that fixing better discord not working issue is quite simple. There are a bunch of working methods available out there.
And in this article, I am going to explain all of the available fixes one by one.
So here we go:
How to Fix Better Discord Not Working?
1. Restart Discord
Restarting Discord is one of the common ways to get rid of the better discord error. By restarting Discord, you are starting a new session. Also, it forces Better Discord to load its settings and other add-ons again.
As a result, if better Discord did not load the first time, it might work the second time when you restart Discord.
Restarting Discord is quite a simple process. All you have to do is launch Discord from your Windows or Mac computer.
Then press CTRL + R on Windows and Command + R key on Mac to refresh the app. Once you refresh Discord, Discord will go blank for a moment, and it will restart again.
However, in case if by restarting Discord you could not fix the issue. Then do give your Windows or Mac computer a restart and try to launch Discord again and see if you are still getting Discord not working issue or not.
2. Log Out and Login To Discord
There are quite a lot of users who have said that logging out of Discord and logging in fixed the issue for them.
However, I am not really sure if this method will work for you. But there is nothing wrong in giving it a try. As it will not harm your computer or Discord account in any way.
To log out of the Discord app, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- First of all, launch Discord from your computer.
- Then click on the settings button.
- From the settings page, scroll down and click on the Log Out button.
- Once you are logged out, give your computer a restart.
- After that, launch Discord again and sign in using your Discord account.
3. Repair BandagedBD Using The BandagedBD Installer
You have probably seen the Repair BandagedBD option while installing Better Discord on your computer.
Using this option, you will be able to fix a wide range of better discord errors, including the better discord not working problem.
So let’s just go ahead and try to repair BandagedBD using the installer:
- At first, you have to download BandagedBD installer from Github.
- Download the preferred version for Windows or Mac.
- Once downloaded, run the setup file and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After that, you have to select the Repair BandagedBD option.
- Next, place a tick on “Repair On Stable” option.
- Next, you have to select all the problems that you are facing with BandagedBD.
- Finally, click on the Repair button.
4. Remove Custom Themes and Plugins
There is also a high chance that your downloaded custom themes and plugins are causing the better Discord not working issue. For this, it is recommended to delete all the custom added themes and plugins from the better Discord folder and check if you are still getting the same problem or not.
Also, you don’t really have to delete your custom themes or plugins from the folder. You can simply move them to some other folder where better Discord will not be able to access them.
To delete custom themes and plugins, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, launch Discord and go to settings.
- Then under the Bandaged BD, select Plugins or themes. Then select “Open Themes folder” or “Open theme folder” option.
- This will open up the folder where you will find all your added themes or plugins. Simply cut and paste those files to somewhere else. Or you can delete the files.
- Once the files are cleared, give your PC a restart and see if you are still getting the same betterdiscord plugins not working issue or not.
If everything is working pretty perfectly, then I would advise you to download some other themes or plugins and check if it is causing any error or not.
5. Reinstall Better Discord
Finally, you can try reinstalling Better Discord. As there could be a chance that the existing better discord files got corrupted. Hence, it is not working properly.
But by reinstalling the tool, you will be able to restore all the corrupted files. As well as your better discord will get updated to the latest version.
To reinstall better discord, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, download the Better Discord installer from the github’s page for Windows or Mac.
- After that, run the installer and select the Uninstall BandagedBD option.
- Next, you have to tick on the “Remove from stable” box. As well as you have to select both of the options i.e.: Remove all BandageBD data and Restart all Discord Instances from the Additional options.
- Next, click on the Uninstall button.
Once uninstalled, launch the better discord installer again. But this time, you have to select Install BanadgedBD and follow all the screen instructions, and you will be good to go.
So that was all the fixes for better discord, not working error. Now go ahead and try out these fixes and see if they are working for you or not. Also, if there is anything else you would like to ask, then do comment below.
- How To Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error?
- Change Name Color In Discord
- Download Quota Exceeded For This File Google Drive
- How to send videos on discord mobile?