Before answering this question, it is always good to look back. Magento appeared in December 2011 to talk about e-commerce software that didn’t exist or was poorly designed. From the very beginning, Magento has relied on reliability and security, although this meant great difficulties in implementation, installation, and management. Gradually, Magento gained strength as a brand, occupying an important niche among the CMS for online stores.
Magento is an open-source platform that, like WordPress, can be installed on your computer for free. However, you will have to pay for web hosting, security, and extensions (which are like apps), which we will explain in more detail below.
It is a powerful platform, but it will be difficult for you to achieve your e-commerce goals without knowing how to code. It is best suited for enterprise-level companies with their development teams. To make your developments a reality, you can use ecommerce app development. Thus, all projects will be implemented with the help of real professionals.
Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform offering all online merchants and business owners a flexible shopping cart system and full control over every aspect, content, and functionality of an online store. Magento offers a fairly extensive catalog of tools for management, marketing, and search engine optimization, which is why it is considered one of the best e-commerce platforms currently available.
Magento’s capabilities allow stores to scale from a few simple products and should easily expand to tens of thousands of products without having to switch platforms. Not only that, it offers a wide variety of themes and plugins that allow you to significantly improve your customer experience.
One of the best aspects of Magento as an e-commerce platform is that it has been designed as an application that can be used by someone who doesn’t even know how to code and program.
Benefits of using this platform
It is thanks to all the advantages that so many people prefer to choose this particular platform. Let’s take a closer look at them below.
- Very reliable and very secure system.
- Endless adjustment down to the millimeter.
- A simpler and less strict procurement system.
- BackOffice is very powerful for doing anything.
- Multishop capability.
- Technical support is available.
- Integration with ERP is possible.
- Major providers have already integrated it.
- Payment gateways (any).
- Paypal takes on special importance.
Disadvantages of using Magento
Of course, there are also disadvantages to using this platform.
- Installing Magento is complicated.
- Difficult learning curve.
- High cost of creation and development.
- Complicated and expensive setup.
- Being so reliable, it consumes a lot of server resources, which is why it needs to be installed on a dedicated server or VPS.
- When installed, your file size is large.
- This is a difficult system to learn.
In conclusion, to work professionally and as securely as possible, Magento is the perfect platform. Not all good things indeed come easy. At first, you will have to make some efforts to learn how to work with this CMS, but it is worth it.
Remember that if you need help with the implementation of projects of any complexity, you can confidently turn to B2B Magento development.