Discord is a great place to hang out with your friends. Also, it gives you the option to connect with people from different communities by joining Discord servers. However, there are certain channels that are only meant for users aged 18+. These channels are marked as NSFW or Not Safe For Work. And if you have entered your incorrect age when signing up on Discord, you won’t really be able to access these channels. So the question is, how to change your age on Discord?
Changing your birthday or age on Discord can be a challenging task. Since there is no option in your profile section that lets you make changes to your birthday. But Discord does let you change your birthday, and I will be talking about this method only.
So here we go:
How To Change Your Age on Discord?
The minimum age requirement to join Discord is 13 years old. Also, users are aged between 13 to 17 years are restricted from accessing any sort of NSFW content on Discord.
But if you have entered a wrong birthday while signing up on Discord, then you have to contact Discord and ask them to update your age on Discord.
For this, you will need to follow the below steps:
- At first, arrange a photo ID of yourself that clearly states your age or birth date and year.
- Next, write down your Discord tag on paper. You can find your Discord tag at the left bottom of Discord. Also, the Discord tag should look like this: devicemaze#3374.
- After that, you need to click a photo of yourself holding your photo ID and the Discord tag.
- Once done, go to the Discord support page.
- From the What can we help you with dropdown menu select Trust & Safety.
- Next, enter your Discord email address.
- From the How can we help section, select Appeals, age update, other questions.
- Next select Update my age information from the Appeals, age update, or other questions section.
- After that, enter your date of birth as mentioned in the photo ID.
- Place a checkmark next to Please confirm that you have attached the required materials.
- Under subject, add “Requesting for age updation,” and in the description section, you have to enter all the relevant information.
- Next, click on add file and upload the photo you had taken.
- Finally, click on the submit button and solve the captcha if asked.
Once you have made your appeal, you will need to wait for Discord to verify your details and get back to you. It may take 2 to 3 days, so be patient.
What Happens If You Access NSFW Servers on Discord Being Underage?
If you are between 13 to 17 years old and you still try to access Discord NSFW servers, then Discord may Disable your account. While Discord will hardly get to know about your activities, but if someone reports your account being underage, your account will get locked.
Then to get back your Discord account, you will need to verify your age and raise an appeal by following the above steps to unlock your account.
Yes, you can change your Discord age—however, the procedure to change it isn’t as simple as going to the settings. Instead, you have to submit a request through the Discord support page to change your Discord age.
Since there is no way to change your age without an ID on Discord. The only option available is to create a new Discord account.
While creating a new account, make sure to set your date of birth above 18. Also, use a secondary email address for it, and you should be able to access all the Discord servers and content without any restrictions.
Unlike most social media sites, Discord doesn’t offer you any setting to change your Birthday. To change your Birthday on Discord, you have to go to the Discord Support Page and submit a request to update your date of birth.
So that was the answer to your how to change your age on discord question. Overall, Discord can only help you to change your age if you have entered the wrong date of birth while signing up. So if you had entered the wrong DOB, then you are on the safe side. If not, you better be creating another account.
- How To Make A Welcome Channel Discord?
- Better Discord Not Working
- How To Stream Netflix On Discord?
- Discord checking for updates forever
- Make discord not launch on startup